Friday 25 July 2014

GLOSSYBOX UK - JULY 2014


This month's Glossybox was "Stars and Stripes" themed and I'm in love with the box designed to imitate the American flag. The box was full of beauty goodies from across the pond; let's break it down.


  • BELLÁPIERRE Mineral Lipstick in Ruby | £20

I own a couple of Bellápierre mineral pigments (from previous boxes) which are gorgeous so I'm always happy to receive more items from the brand, and it's great to support natural products. I haven't purchased any on my own mostly due to the hefty price tag. This lipstick retails for £20 so even more than MAC and other high end brands; a tad expensive to purchase often but great in a £10 beauty subscription. This lipstick is a gorgeous red; I'm yet to test it out much but am happy to add it to the few red lipsticks I already own.

  • ABSOLUTE New York Perfecting Eyeshadow Primer | $4.99

After a little testing, this is my favourite product I've received this month. I've been contemplating trying out a different eyeshadow primer, after relying on my NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base (which I love and would recommend) for so long, and this one surpassed all expectations. It seems that pretty much everything tends to crease on my lids far quicker than anyone else, so when this primer continued to perform after an initial success I was over the moon. I apply quite a bit over each eyelid and blend it out with my finger. I give it a bit of time to dry and then go in with whatever shadow I choose that day. I've been using this every day since I got it and I'm in love. It works just as well, if not better, than the NARS counterpart. The only problem is that I don't think it'll be particularly easy to repurchase in the UK as it is an American product. It's slightly baffling to me that Glossybox would include a product that can't be easily purchased/shipped to the UK in a UK box. They suggest nicka.com which doesn't seem to ship internationally. However, if you're in the US I would highly recommend picking this eyeshadow primer up at a bargain of $4.99!

  • CARMEX Lip Balm | £2.69

I wasn't particularly excited about this as I own a lot of lip balms and this is a pretty cheap one from the drugstore, but I've actually really been enjoying this. A few years back, I relied heavily on a cherry tube of Carmex as pretty much my only lip product and this little pot has reminded me why I loved it so much. The balm immediately moisturises the lips and, more importantly, leaves them feeling moisturised way after you apply the product. It induces a slightly tingly feeling which I am personally a fan of. I've been reaching for this over my other lip balms and Chapsticks every day, even before I go to bed.

  • COLOR CLUB Glossy Seal Nail Polish | $8

I haven't tried this product out yet, but the sample size of 15ml is amazing. This is a big polish. The colour stands out next to my more conservative nudes, but it is a gorgeous shade. It might work well on the toes or maybe I'll get adventurous one day and try it on the fingers. I've tried one other polish from this brand before and remember liking the formula, and I love that this colour was formulated exclusively for Glossybox; it's always nice to feel special!

  • TARTE lights, camera, lashes Mascara | £19.50 for 7ml

My first tarte product! I was pretty excited to see this when I opened the box. I've obviously heard tons and tons about the tarte brand so I was excited to finally get my hands on something from the range. This was the only sample size amongst the products, and honestly sample size mascaras tend to last almost as long as a full size. I've tried this mascara out a few times and it's pretty good although I think I'd prefer the waterproof version as I'm fairly picky with mascaras and this struggles to hold my curl. The mascara does give lots of volume and there's no clumping in sight; I've seen nothing but raves from other YouTubers/bloggers so definitely give it a go if you get the chance. Now, I need to get my hands on the blushers and foundations!


If you want full size make-up products then Glossybox is the way to go! They promised us 3 or 4 full size items in this month's box and did not disappoint. Four full size items; could you ask for more? I hardly ever find myself disappointed with a Glossybox and you definitely get more for your money with this subscription.

Approximate box worth - £40 (wow!)

Sign up to Glossybox here, £10/month

No comments:

Post a Comment