Thursday 17 July 2014

A NON-BEAUTY GUILTY PLEASURE

I go through TV shows like nobody's business. The list of recommended shows (which I keep on possibly my favourite app, SeriesGuide) is getting longer than I can keep track of (good thing I have the app then). And this past week, I've finally gotten round to watching one that's been on there for a long time. I'm so glad I did. Get ready; I'm about to gush.

What prompted me to finally watch the show was an advert on Comedy Central during those Friends re-runs I will never get sick of. The repeated advert for The Office US drew me in, and here I type 4 seasons later (I won't tell you when I started, but trust me I got through it fast) and loving it.

The show isn't really what I expected. Every single character is hilarious. In that way, it kind of reminds me of Scrubs as the supporting cast is just as important and humourous as the main cast. I find myself laughing at loud at least once during every episode, and I'm a sucker for quirky characters (Sidenote: if you're looking for quirkiness, my all time fave would be Gilmore Girls but we'll save that for another day).

I've found another OTP. Jim and Pam. Oh, Jim and Pam. From what I've watched so far, they've portrayed this relationship perfectly always leaving the watcher wanting more; never quite giving them enough. But we all know, the chase is the best and most exciting part. You find yourself wanting two characters to get together, and when they eventually do it all becomes a bit mundane and boring (sigh, New Girl). The Office writers have nailed it. The romance is one that you root for, without being the sole focal point or storyline of the show. I find myself positively grinning whenever these two interact. I think I need to stop... but I love love love them. Jim('s face) is the cutest thing on the earth. Okay? Okay.

I thought I'd give just a little insight into some other things I'm passionate about - TV shows. Yep, real depth being put on show here. Let me know if you've watched The Office, and what you think! But no spoilers, please. Unless you're commenting a week from now, in which case I'll probably be done.

Okay, I'm getting back to Netflix now. Leave some TV show recs below; my app isn't quite at capacity yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment