Wednesday 30 July 2014

A SIMPLIFIED TRAVEL SKINCARE ROUTINE


When it comes to travelling, it's pretty much inevitable that they'll have to be at least some downsizing in the way of skincare. On a recent weekend away, I narrowed things down from the more extensive routine I apply when in the comfort of my own bathroom. These easy to use products that don't require any extra bits such as cloths or cotton pads made my trip that much more enjoyable keeping my skin feeling clean and fresh. Oh and just a tip; going away is the perfect time to crack out that stash of samples, put them to good use, and save on some space.


As a make-up remover, I opted for The Body Shop Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil which removes even stubborn waterproof make-up and can just be done over the sink sans a cloth. You simply take some oil in your hands and then rub it straight onto your dry face and across the eyes and lips and rinse off with water. This stuff is a staple in my usual routine and makes removing make-up a breeze. I squirted a few pumps into this travel-size container which is also perfect to take on any flights. I picked mine up in a pack from Poundland and I'm sure you can pick them up easily online too.


Next up to cleanse the face, it's my holy grail Liz Earle Hot Cloth Cleanser. This is especially good for travelling as you can purchase small travel size tubes easily on their website. Using this as an extra cleanse is an essential step for me. Even though 'cloth' is included in the name you can again just use water and your hands to remove the cream easily, especially when you're only using the product to remove make-up residue and cleanse.


Instead of the usual toner and cotton pad, I swapped this step out for the L'Occitane Divine Lotion which is nothing short of divine. Doing a similar job to the Estee Lauder's Advanced Night Repair, this product sinks effortlessly into the skin keeping it hydrated and feeling super luxurious. This is one of my all time favourite skincare products. I received this sample size in a beauty box back in March and have barely scratched the surface. A little goes a long way.


Finally, we come to the last two steps in this travel skincare routine. On a previous trip away, I forgot my eye cream and realised how essential of a step it really is. Eye creams are usually pretty small anyway, but I have chosen my sample of Benefit It's Potent which is even smaller. I've had a few samples of this particular cream and have always enjoyed it, but you can just use whatever you have.


For my face moisturiser I have used another container from the same £1 set and found it easier to just take one do-it-all cream which works for daytime and night-time instead of the usual two. The set does come with two of these tiny pots though so the option is there. My choice is the Liz Earle Skin Repair Moisturiser, which can also be easily purchased in a small sample size and comes in two formluas; one for normal/combination skin and another for more dry/sensitive complexions. I used this moisturiser religiously for a few years so it's an old favourite. It's a great all rounder so perfect if you're just sticking to one cream.

So, that's my scaled down skincare routine which is perfect for travelling. There are still quite a few steps but skincare is important, even when you're on holiday!


No comments:

Post a Comment