Wednesday 9 July 2014

A WARM-TONED SMOKEY EYE LOOK

Okay, it's first post time. Let's do this!

I've always been a sucker for a good smokey eye (who isn't?) and have watched countless YouTube tutorials on all kinds of said eye look and I think I've spotted a pretty strong favourite amongst the beauty gurus. Everyone loves the "warm tones". Those gorgeous reddy-browns which always look beautiful, that is until I try them on myself. I'm not sure if it's down to my skin tone, my undertones, eye shape... the list could go on but I have never been able to get it to work for me. Until today.

I can't take all the credit as I was totally inspired by Allison from the YouTube channel amarixe (you know the one), and her gorgeous eye look she's been rocking for the past couple of videos. So, I was browsing the make-up section in Poundland of ALL places because wherever there's a make-up section in any shop, that's where you'll find me. I came across a few seemingly "reject" Rimmel products reduced down to a quid which seemed to be due to the quirky colours. We're talking khaki-coloured nail polishes, a purple Scandaleyes liner (which would have been a total bargain if I didn't already own one which I paid full price for - gutted) and then the gem which inspired this post.

The Scandaleyes eyeshadow paint in 005 Golden Bronze. For £1.
Swatch: MAC Antiqued

Naturally, I had to have it. I'm a huge fan of the formula which has insane lasting power. I already own another in Rich Russet which is much loved, and a perfect liquid alternative to Maybelline's Colour Tattoo in On-and-On-Bronze

So, let's get down to it. The warm smokey eye which I love.

Firstly, I just threw the eyeshadow paint all over the lid. The formula is pretty easy to work; it comes out very wet giving you time to blend using your finger (I found this easiest) or a brush and then it sets a few seconds later and doesn't move all day. The finish is gorgeous; metallic, crazy pigmented and super shiny. I'm not usually a fan of golds on me but I love this one. Next up, I popped a much neglected MAC Antiqued (any reddy-brown will work) in the outer corner and crease and this is what I came up with. Completed with winged liner on the lid and a nice brown liner in the waterline and I'm loving it. I think this might become a fave look of mine to create and one I'll definitely be posting up on my YouTube channel soon. I can finally join the warm smokey eye club!


Rimmel eyeshadow paint in Gold Bronze here, £4.99 (or check your local Poundland)
MAC Antiqued, £10 here

No comments:

Post a Comment