Wednesday 20 August 2014

THE SMALLER NEUTRAL EYESHADOW PALETTES


My bigger eyeshadow palettes have taken a bit of a back seat recently, and the smaller neutral palettes have taken over. The smaller packaging, more refined shadow picks, and less to choose from have been a winning combination. Although I love my bigger palettes, I'm not in need of that funky purple/blue/green, that most seem to house, on a daily basis. All three of these smaller palettes feature gorgeous neutrals that can create endless looks, with not a dud in sight.

A recent bit of blog sale shopping (watch this space) has landed me with two new (to me) palettes at a bargain price. The first is from the budget US brand Wet n Wild and is the Vanity palette. I've never tried anything from the brand before, so I snapped this one up as soon as I saw it. There are six gorgeous shades which I am obsessed with, and the looks possible really are endless. So far, the light brown matte shade and the shimmery bronze are my favourites but I'm so excited to play with the rest. This palette was limited edition over in the States but you can find it on Ebay and Amazon. This cheeky purchase may have opened a can of worms, as I'm dying to try more from the brand.


My second blog sale bargain is the slightly more high end Lancôme Bronze Amour palette. This dinky little quintet of shades is also perfect for every day but the dark brown means it can be amped up for night time too. This palette is almost tardis-esque; it looks so small on the outside, but has so much potential on the inside once you get it open. I haven't played around with this one too much yet, but I can tell just from swatches that it's going to be another beauty. The only criticism is a slightly lighter highlighter shade could have rounded out the shades in an almost perfect palette. I'm definitely branching out in terms of brands as this is my first item from Lancôme too. So far, so good.


Finally, another budget buy which you may have heard me raving about over on my YouTube channel: the Essence Quattro in To Die For is what started this little neutral palette collection I've got going on. This quad has a mix of mattes and shimmers with that gorgeous bronze shade that I just can't get enough of. At £3.50, and readily available in the UK I can not recommend this enough.


So, these are the three palettes which have made it into the every day make-up drawer and are giving me endless options in terms of neutrals: golds, browns and creams galore! I just want to use them all, all the time. Do you have any favourite smaller palettes which you use every day? I'd be happy to add more to the collection!

2 comments:

  1. I just came across your blog and it's stunning! These are my favourite eyeshadow colours as well! Great post! X
    - Nicole (justabitofnicole.blogspot.co.uk)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I just checked out yours and followed you on bloglovin' :)

      Delete