Wednesday 27 August 2014

LOVE AT FIRST APPLICATION: THE BALM BAHAMA MAMA BRONZER

the balm bahama mama bronzer

A recent purchase of The Balm's Bahama Mama bronzer was love at first application. I'm sure you know the ones. I haven't been able to put it down since that first use, as it is completely different to anything else in my collection. I adore the super cute cardboard packaging with the old school pin up style picture on the front. It has a magnetised closure so you don't have to worry about it opening up in your make-up bag. The colour scheme and design are perfect for a bronzer designed to give a "sun-kissed glow".

the balm bahama mama bronzer

This gorgeous cool toned bronzer is perfect for contouring and that's exactly what I've been using it for. Because there are no orange tones it creates that natural looking shadow when placed in the contours of my face. For bronzing up the face, I pair it with my NARS Laguna bronzer - another favourite.

the balm bahama mama bronzer

In the pan, it looks quite a bit darker than my other bronzers but don't let that scare you as it doesn't apply quite as dark and can therefore be used on a range of different skin tones. It might not work quite as well on the very pale complexions as it might start to come off a little muddy - one to reserve for summer then. I'm going to get as much use of it as possible as summer is already being snatched from us!

Do you have a favourite product to contour with? I've heard great things about the Kevin Aucoin Sculpting Powder. Maybe one to try next...

4 comments:

  1. I've actually seen this bronzer so many times in the past (The Balm used to be at Beauty Brands here in Arizona, but they discontinued the brand) and for some reason, it always intrigued me but I never actually went for it. Now that I see how creamy it is and your suggestion for contouring, it's getting me fired up to officially try it.

    xx,
    Ada www.adaatude.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking for a good contouring powder or cream and this sounds like the perfect one. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've nominated you for the Liebster awards, see my latest blog post for details! xo

    poppycollinson.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've nominated you for the liebster award! Check my post right here to see what you need to do. Sorry if you've already done it. Let me know if you do it (:

    http://adventure-fairytales.blogspot.sg/2014/08/the-liebster-award.html

    Love, Eera

    ReplyDelete