Thursday 4 September 2014

BOURJOIS ROUGE EDITION VELVET IN NUDE-IST #30LipsIn30


I haven't quite found the right occasion to wear this Bourjois offering out of the house yet but if you haven't been living under a beauty-deprived rock then you've heard of the Rouge Edition Velvets. They apply as a liquid but dry to a very matte finish. My lips don't always agree with matte textures but I've worn this formula for a full day and not had any problems. The colour really lasts all day, and doesn't settle into the lips or crack.


Nude-ist isn't the most nude shade, but in fact has some red tones in there and I would class it as more of a bold than a nude. In comparison to some of the other velvet shades though, it is less bright. The range is full of bright pinks and reds. As a nude-lip lover, this is reserved for special occasions but I can't say I don't love the product.

If you love mattes and bright colours, then this line is the perfect choice for you. Have you tried any of the rouge edition velvets yet? Let me know your thoughts in the comments!

7 comments:

  1. I havent tried any of the rouge edition velvets yet but they look so gorgeous and I think this shade looks lovely on you!

    http://meltedglitter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps - I only discovered your blog yesterday and I'm totally hooked! Love it :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This colour really suits you - it looks gorgeous! I don't think you need an occasion to wear it, it would work everyday! Your blog is lovely as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you! Got to work up to those bolder colours I think... :) x

      Delete
  4. This colour is so pretty!
    Great post! Just followed your blog on bloglovin, would love if you could check out my blog back!
    Keep in touch!
    xxx
    stylelikehers

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this shade, ill definitely keep my eyes out for this one!
    xprincessjas | x

    ReplyDelete