Monday 22 September 2014

AUTUMN ROSE GOLD EYESHADOWS FOR ALL BUDGETS


While spring and summer come with bright colours, autumn lends to the warmer shades especially when it comes to the eyes. I personally love playing with these sorts of shades so I thought I'd get a jump start on the coming season and create an edit of my faves (particularly the more rose gold of the bunch) at all price points.


MAC All That Glitters (£10) - This is a bit of a classic in the world of beauty. All That Glitters is a soft rosy gold shade with a veluxe pearl finish laced with a gold shimmer. It makes for a gorgeous subtle sheen to the lid when worn alone, or can be amped up with a darker colour in the outer corner or crease (I like to pair it with Antiqued from MAC). It really is an easy to wear shadow which is perfect for seamlessly transitioning into the colder months.


L'Oreal Infallible in Amber Rush ($7.99) - L'Oreal's Amber Rush packs more of a punch as a pressed pigment and can be used wet or dry. Unfortunately, it's not available in the UK so I was lucky to snap one up in a US blog sale. It is a bit deeper in shade and more of a bronzey gold compared to MAC All That Glitters. The formula is creamy and easily applied to the lid. You can see it in action here.



Rimmel Kate Moss Shadow Stick in Rose Gold (£4.49) - My pick from Rimmel comes in form of an eyeshadow crayon which makes for a quick and easy application which you can even just blend out with your finger. This is probably the most gold of them all, but can be blended out quite a lot for a more subtle eye colour or even used as a base for other eye shadows.


Collection Bronze Glow Mosiac Powder in Radiant (£2.99) - The cheapest of the bunch from Collection is actually designed for the face but I love how it looks on the eyes. I like to take a blending brush, swirling all the shades together, and sweep it across the whole lid. It has a gorgeous shimmer and actually comes off fairly similar to All That Glitters. It's definitely worth picking up at less than £3 and enough product to literally last a lifetime (although I'm not suggesting you keep it that long). It's gorgeous for that bronze glow over the cheekbones too, if you're looking for something fairly intense.

L-R: MAC All That Glitters, L'Oreal Amber Rush, Rimmel Kate Rose Gold, Collection Bronze Mosiac

So, that's them all. These are the products I've been reaching for to give my eyes that rose gold autumnal shine and I love them all. Do you have a favourite fall eye colour shade? I'm sure I'll be finding a few more in my collection as the temperature drops (bring it on - I'm ready for scarves and hoodies!).

Tina xx

No comments:

Post a Comment